Thursday, May 8, 2008

My book arrived! Thank you Myra! I ordered Myra Wood's new book "Creative Crochet Lace" on April 24th and it arrived on May 6th. Not bad since it was going from California to Ontario, Canada!
The customer service was excellent. Myra emailed me the same day to let me know she had shipped it.

The book was even better than I expected. The photography is absolutely gorgeous. The instructions are very clear and easily understood. Her way of writing is very informal and fun, not dry and boring like a lot of books. She explains free form in a way that makes you want to grab your yarn and get to work! The olive green tank top on the cover is what first caught my eye when I saw her book on her web site. It is even more lovely up close. It is the first free form garment I want to try! All of her projects in the book are ones that you would actually use and wear. If you haven't taken a look at it yet, I encourage you to do so. Here's her web site. www.myrawood.com

Well, thanks to Myra's book my very large free form project I'm working on is now going much faster! I'm going to try to get a couple of sneak peek photos for you this afternoon. :0) Thanks to her tips, I now find it much easier to work on it on the kitchen table rather than the floor (where Knight attacks it!) or the bed (where my back HATES it!!).

The new camera is working out great now that I'm getting the hang of it (slowly:0). You can really get some great close ups with the zoom lens. Now to invest in a good light source!

No comments: