Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Using up more "scrap" yarn

I'm on a kick lately, trying to use up yarn that I bought for whatever reason and now don't know what to do with it. I bought this to make my Mom some potholders as her kitchen is in red and white. It's "Eco-fil - Earth friendly recycled yarn". Only problem is, when I read the label later, it is part acrylic. NOT suitable for anything hot, as it will melt.

I finally decided to make her a couple of small mesh bags, suitable for grocery shopping or maybe to store her onions and potatoes in. I will make it so it can be hung up to allow air to circulate.

I started with a 2 rnd circle in hdc, then did (hdc, ch x, sk x sts, hdc) around. (the ch x and sk x is due to increase rounds). After the first round it is ch x, hdc in ch x sps. After it is large enough, all subsequent rounds will be (hdc in ch 2 sp, ch 2, hdc in next ch 2 sp). I hope to get 2-3 small bags out of this ball of red yarn.

No comments: