Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What do you do when...?

What do you do when you buy a yarn you think you like the color of, only to get it home and think "What was I thinking?"

Well, I bought 2 balls of "Red Heart - Cotton Twist" in a limey/sagey green that looked kind of light olive green at the time. They were on sale. Only, when I got home, the more I looked at them, the more I didn't seem to care for the color.

Hmmmm.... What to make? Well, I thought of a tank top, but not enough and do I really think I would wear it? Especially considering I don't care for the color.

Next idea, hat? Nope, too soft. Scarf? No. No stitch I tried really did it justice. Nothing I would wear. (remember, I don't like the color). Not enough for a lapghan even. Hmmmm.... No stitch pattern really worked to my liking.

I finally decided on a really simple bag. I started with a circle the size I wanted in hdc. I tried every type of mesh stitch I could think of to no avail. Finally I decided on (hdc, ch 1, sk 1 st, hdc) around, then (hdc in ch 1 sp, ch 1, hdc in ch 1 sp) for as many rounds as I wanted. I then did a strap of 5 hdc across long enough to reach the bottom slacked, then decreased to a point, and sewed it on the bottom, but over top of the other side so it kind of helps keep it closed.


The opening will get a draw string of some sort when I find something suitable.

I'm still not keen on the color, but the bag does look nice :0) It just may make a nice gift some day.
And the best part is? I used up all but the last couple of inches of the yarn! Yay!!

No comments: