Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm back, and we have a new addition to the family.

I've haven't blogged for the past couple of weeks, as hubby was on holidays and his cousin from England and her husband are out visiting so we have been busy. I'm just trying to get caught up on emails, blog entries, ravelry, etc!

I'd like to thank Dee at http://www.crochetingwithdee.com/ for her very nice blog entry about me and link to my blog. Thank you Dee! :0)

I'd also like to thank everyone who left me a comment for their nice comments:) It makes my day:)

PS. I bought Myra Wood's book "Creative Crochet Lace" from her website listed to the right of my posts.

With hubby and the girls home on holidays, I haven't had much time to crochet :(
I did manage a bit more on the new design I'm working on though. I can't say too much yet, as it is going to be submitted.

Well, we're at it again! Last time we went to the city for a new printer and came home with a puppy! lol! This time the girls and I were grocery shopping and came home with a kitten!!
Here's his sad story:
As we were going into the grocery store a cashier was coming out with a small cardboard box. She said someone found a fluffy black kitten in the parking lot and was anyone interested? As we have 1 cat and 1- 8mth old puppy, I kept walking. Well, it turns out I was in her checkout to pay for groceries. I asked about the kitten and she said it was at the Vet's getting examined and that she'd "probably end up with it. but with 4 cats already and 1 allergic to fleas...! She said it was available for adoption if anyone was interested. She said it was very fluffy, all black and very cute.
The girls and I decided to just "take a look". hmmm... Well, when we saw the poor little guy, he was adorable! And nothing but skin and bones, poor thing! I enquired what the Vet's clinic would do with him and was told that they usually check them out for health, then put them in a kennel in the clinic and put them up for adoption, but...they had 3 litters in there already and had been there for over a week and they were starting to sneeze, so....!! I didn't stand a chance. How could I leave the poor fellow to an unknown fate??!
I present to you....Houdini! (so named because we couldn't figure out how such a tiny frail looking thing could jump into the tub!)
He's: 1.4 lbs, all black except a small white spot on his tummy, approx 7 weeks old (by guestimate of the vet), is extremely friendly and purrs non-stop!! He is my youngest daughter's pet. He and Knight seem to get along well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new kitten! He's precious!

Wen said...

I'm glad you brought him home and I love his name!! :-D