Friday, September 5, 2008

I've been MIA the past week or so as we try to get into the school routine thing again :)
First day was "...interesting". My 9yr old woke up with what we thought was an ear infection. As I couldn't even call the Dr until after 9am, and she was insistent on NOT missing the first day of school in her new school, I gave her Advil and sent her on her way, with instructions to CALL ME if the pain returned! The only appt was at 2:30 pm. which meant picking up both girls before the end of the day. I picked up my 9yr old and promply got an "Oh thanks, Mom! Now I will miss a bunch of stuff!" (No matter that there was only 45 min or so left!). We stopped to pick up my 6yr old and was informed there was an "incident". Oh, great. What now? It seems, her friend was running quickly toward her and bumped her head on my dd's front tooth! It is a permanent tooth and it was bleeding...a lot. Great. We finally got to the Dr's to find out it wasn't an ear infection after all, just a swollen lymph node. Hmm. Nothing to worry about apparantly, just keep an eye on it and if it doesn't go away, come back. After all this excitement, my 9yr old still had her 1 1/2 hrs of figure skating lessons. Let's just say, I was ready to get home, get the kids fed and in bed and relax:)

PS: day 2 went much better!

With both girls in school 5 days a week, I am trying to get my submission ready to mail in. It's going well and I'm almost done. Yay! Once I finish that I'm going to work on my dd's Flower Girl shrug.

When we went back to school shopping the week before school, I found and bought Nicky Epstein's new book Crocheting on the edge. All I can say is "Wow!" She is one talented lady! The edgings in this book are phenomenal! I had to get some paper and rip it in pieces to mark the pages as I looked throught it. I had ideas coming out my EARS!! Well worth the price, especially with my 40% off coupon at Michaels! I can see this being one of my "well used" resource books.

No comments: