Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Witch's Brew

The little white bowl from a couple of posts ago reminded me of a little fat cauldron. With Halloween coming up I decided to get creative and made myself a black cauldron purse, complete with toxic green witch's potion bubbling in it! I even found some green polar fleece to match for my lining. The liner is just sitting in it for now, waiting for me to finish sewing and installing it. It was giving me grief. I have it cut, but fitting it in properly is proving to be a challenge:) I'm debating on a drawstring in the liner so it can be closed, but you could also just fold it in to keep stuff safe. ...

The liner reminds me of a Kleenex. Maybe it could be made to hold a box of tissues? Hmmmm...

I made it using Black Cascade 220 wool and Patons Classic wool in Leaf Green. It was then felted in my Whirlpool Duet front load washer.

(I really need to get a proper light and set up a nicer area to take my photos!)

I felted another bag at the same time made in Alafoss Lopi. (*Note to self, don't do that again:) For anyone not familiar with Lopi yarn, it sheds dreadfully in the washer and the end result is a purse fit for Bigfoot!

No comments: