Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March is National Crochet Month, so let's CELEBRATE!!

March is National Crochet Month!! Yay!! There are many ways to celebrate. I am going to look up my magazine that had the learn to finger crochet tutorial in it, and teach my 6 yr old dd. She's been wanting to learn and I can't think of a better time. Can you? (now to find it... I think it was in an issue of Crochet! last year but for the life of me I can't remember which one! If any one knows, please feel free to leave me a comment. thanks!)

Another way to celebrate is to buy crochet books! I think this is the perfect time to get the books I've been hankering after. Top of my list should be Bendy Carter's book "Single Crochet A-Z". I didn't know there were that many ways to do a sc?? It boggles the mind!

Next on my list has to be "Beyond-the square Crochet Motifs" by Edie Eckman. The cover is absolutely gorgeous!

Since we are on the topic of motifs, Melody Griffiths "201 Crochet Motifs, Blocks , Projects and Ideas" should be included in the list. :)

I absolutely have to check out Renate Kirkpatrick's "Freeform Crochet and Beyond: Bags, Cushions, Hats, Scarves and More". Judging by the gorgeous picture on the cover, the inside must be spectacular!!

I could list more, but I don't think my budget would like that!! Lol!!

No comments: