Friday, June 13, 2008

Christmas in June!

My aunt sent me a parcel the other day, talk about Christmas in June!
In it was:
1. Masterpieces of Irish Crochet Lace - Techniques, Patterns, Instructions -Dover Needlework Series copywrite 1986.
2. Edgings to Crochet and Knit - Book No. 149 - The Spool Cotton company copywrite 1940. (Price 10 cents)!
3. Magic Crochet - June 1992.
4. Olde Time Needlework Patterns and Designs - July 1975.

I am in Heaven! I haven't had time to look through them thoroughly yet, but had a quick browse. The Irish lace one is absolutely gorgeous! And the edgings one has so many nice ones I can't wait to get out my hook and thread! My Aunt is a SWEETHEART!

I've been experimenting with Free form crochet lately so the Irish lace book has given me some great ideas! Some of the edgings I could see on a beautiful sweater or scarf or maybe a hat. hmmmmmm.......!

I had a Field Trip to a conservation area with my daughter's kindergarten class yesterday. (even with bug repellent we got eaten by skeeters!) I knew the 2 other moms knew each other and would be chatting, so I brought my crochet for the bus ride. I managed to get a few more rounds done on my bag I'm working on. The other moms even commented on it saying it was really nice:0) Next Tuesday is another field trip with her class to a local Zoo. Hmmm...even more time to crochet on the bus ride! :0) The following week, I go on my other daughter's field trip. Can I crochet on a bus full of 9 and 10 yr olds for an hour!?! Maybe not, but I am sure going to try! :0)

Well, I'm off to town to shop for my daughter's 6th bday party tomorrow! Wish me luck :0)

No comments: