Monday, June 9, 2008

Major Project finished!!

I am now finished the huge project I was working on and my back, neck and shoulders are relieved I tell you! It had to be laid flat on the floor to be worked on, which meant leaning over to work :0( I can't reveal anything yet, but if all goes well, I should be able to spill the beans in August!

One thing I will say, I did learn a lot of new crochet techniques on this project!

Some things I've learned on this project:
-I've learned and perfected the 2 color spiral
-how to do cable ribbing
-I've learned an immense amount about free form crochet and I've also learned that I have a LOT more to learn about free form crochet!
-I've learned that your body can endure a considerable amount of discomfort when you are totally engrossed in a mesmerizing project!
-I've learned that no matter how much you think you know about crochet, a piece of yarn can humble you and bring you to your knees.
-I've learned that when you have a tight deadline, that one small area left to do, will grow bigger when you aren't looking :0)
-I've learned that you should start with a template for free form crochet, and if you are going to use one, it's easier to make it first rather than try to make your project fit the template AFTER you've already started :0)
-I've learned that if you insist on beginning a huge project in a technique you've never done, you will need an inordinate amount of patience! (as well as a very good reference book!:0)

Now that the project is finished, I'm in limbo. I want to relax and not have to think about anything, but on the other hand, I want to start a million other projects! I probably should work on a few other projects I have started, but now that I've done free form, I want to start on something right away! I might have to get out my unassigned yarn and play:0)

No comments: