Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day! Nature's Beauty.

Today is Mother's Day, so Happy Mother's Day to all Moms and Mom type people!

My husband and daughter's took me out to a nice area. He fished, dd #1 ran around and dd #2 went for a walk with Knight and I. I had a chance to play with my camera some more on our walk and managed to capture these pictures of some wild grape leaves just opening!

The colors were really pretty and made me think of a very wispy shawl done in these colors in a fingering weight yarn...

This one was very interesting, as you could just see something in the middle that looked like very tiny salmon eggs.
Actually, now that I look at it, it reminds me of the scene in "The Little Mermaid" where Ariel is talking to Morgana the Sea Witch. Morgana picks up a small sea creature and squeezes it and out comes something that looks like salmon eggs which she then uses as lipstick.




Hmmmmm.... salmon colored yarn, fingering weight, bobble sts, maybe the start to an afghan square? Oh, the possibilities.....truly mind boggling!

No comments: